The mission of the Village of Westhampton Department of Public Works is to provide essential services to the residents and visitors in a prompt, courteous, safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner. Public Works, through its dedicated employees, strives to plan, design, build, maintain, and operate public infrastructure in a manner that respects the environment and the ability of government to adequately preserve these assets for generations to come.
Defining the Public Works Department:
How do you define a department that is constantly changing and adapting to the needs of its residents and visitors? The Department of Public Works is responsible for the maintenance and repairs of most of the physical facilities and infrastructure owned and operated by the Village.
The Department is tasked with an extensive list such as but not limited to:
- Street and Highway maintenance - 26.5 Miles of Roads
- Storm Water management
- Capital construction
- On-staff arborist and landscaping team that provides tree management, property maintenance and all beautification of Village Property
- Shoreline, and Waterway maintenance
- Operation and maintenance of public beaches, lifeguards, concession and beach staffing
- Operation and maintenance of the public marina, dockmaster and dock staff
- Design and maintenance of all village owned public buildings and properties
- Right of ways, easements, and public property alteration and disturbance permitting
- Streetlighting design, install, and maintenance
- Maintain the entire Village fleet of vehicles and Village equipment
and many more tasks that are all intended to operate seamlessly in maintaining the best quality of life for our residents, visitors, businesses, and future generations that have come to love the village as much as we do.