Village Clerk-Treasurer Position
The Village of Westhampton Beach is seeking a skilled and motivated professional to serve full-time as its Village Clerk-Treasurer. The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of government accounting principles and practices.
The typical duties of this position include:
• Manage and maintain all accounting and financial records.
• Manage preparation of the annual budget with Mayor and department heads.
• Prepare all monthly and semi-annual treasurer’s reports.
• Prepare and file annual financial statements as required by the NYS OSC.
• Collaborate with banks and other financial institutions on all fiscal Village matters.
• Prepare financial statements and other material for review by the Village’s independent auditors.
• Oversight of payroll, payment of benefits, civil service compliance, voucher processing for bill payments, accounting for receipts.
• Processing use of Village property applications for Trustees, coordinating events with department heads.
• Coordinate submission of documents for reimbursement of grant awards.
• Provide oversight of Village’s bank accounts and investments, including selection thereof, with Trustee approval as required.
• Prepare Village Board agendas, resolutions and minutes.
• Attend monthly Board of Trustees meetings and work sessions.
• File newly adopted local laws with the State.
• Process FOIL requests.
• Prepare and supervise Village elections.
• Supervise office staff; oversee daily office operations.
Minimum Qualifications: Three years of accounting experience; thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); detail-oriented; Suffolk County resident as per current local law. Local government and supervisory experience preferred.
Supervision Received: Works under the general supervision of the Mayor and Village Board of Trustees.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Village of Westhampton Beach offers a competitive benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email resume and cover letter by January 24, 2024, to both Deputy Mayor Ralph Urban at westhamptonbeach.org and email@example.com
Village of Westhampton Beach Seasonal Laborer Position -
Employee will work in the Public Works department from May to November. Duties include: manual work in highway maintenance, including patching holes and washouts, erecting and removing signs and fences. Grounds maintenance activities, such as cutting grass, trimming trees and shrubbery, laying sod, raking leaves, planting trees and shrubs, and painting benches and picnic tables. Loads & unloads supplies and equipment; may occasionally operate light motor vehicles, such as automobiles and small trucks; may use power equipment, such as chain saws, power drills, motorized lawn mowers and portable power tools.
Part time position, 40 hours per week, starting hourly rate $18.00 or commensurate with experience . Must work weekends and Holidays. Must have a valid NYS Drivers License. Application available on Village website: www.westhamptonbeach.org and submit application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE