Nov 1st– Nov 30th
We kindly ask residents and property owners to follow the program guidelines:
- Rake leaves into a single pile at the edge of the street but not into the street to reduce hazards and enable crews to move quickly and collect more.
- Bagging of leaves during the pickup program is not necessary but encouraged.
- Some homeowners prefer using leaf bags, the village does offer biodegradable bags that can be picked up at Village Hall. No plastic bags are allowed.
- Remove stones, litter, or other landscape debris. Piles containing these items will not be collected as they can damage equipment and injure workers.
- Avoid placing leaves in front of or on top of storm drains, drainage ditches or utility
- Avoid piling leaves around cars, boulders, fire hydrants, trees
- Avoid parking on top and/or adjacent to the leaf piles. To avoid damage, leaf piles near vehicles will not be picked up.
- Branches must be placed in a separate pile at the roadway edge and individual branches may not exceed 3 inches in diameter, and no longer than 3 feet in.
- No large/oversized branches or stumps.
- Leaf piles that are mixed with grass trimmings, branches, brush, or other yard waste will not be collected under the leaf collection program.
- Any piles left out after November 30th 2023, will not be picked up and must disposed of by the property owner(s)
- The Village of Westhampton Beach is NOT included in the Town of Southampton leaf “voucher” program.
- Any property that requires a larger than average pile of disposed leaves must arrange with DPW staff prior to piling leaves at the edge of roadway. Homeowners may be held responsible for their landscaper’s actions.
-Program details are subject to change and/or cancellation due to future weather restrictions, “state of emergencies” and/or staffing restrictions.
-The DPW staff loves our village and take great pride in our work. The Leaf/Brush program is a long and extensive program that requires a tremendous amount of time and effort. We kindly ask that you be patient as we will do a couple rounds for disposal, and it may take a week or so to come back around. Should you have any questions, concerns, and/or compliments please feel free to contact the Department of Public Works at 631-288-1211.