Marina Rules & Regulations
2020 MUNICIPAL YACHT BASIN – RULES & REGULATIONS
RESOLVED, that the following rules and regulations shall apply to and govern the use of the Municipal Yacht Basin:
1. Owners and/or guests of yachts paying seasonal rate may not live aboard for more than fourteen (14) consecutive nights.
2. No vessel, boat or yacht shall be permitted to use or be located within the Municipal Yacht Basin unless the toilet facilities of said boat, vessel, or yacht are in compliance with United States Coast Guard standards, and any other applicable regulatory control.
3. No garbage or refuse of any sort shall be deposited or thrown in the Yacht Basin. All such materials shall be placed in the containers, which are located about the Yacht Basin.
4. There shall be no excessive use of fresh water in washing down boats. The fresh water that is provided at the Yacht Basin shall not be used to wash motor vehicles.
5. When entering or leaving the Yacht Basin speed shall be dead slow. The speed limit for vehicles on the roadways utilized within the marina is 10 mph.
6. Excessive noise or the playing of music which may interfere with the comfort and repose of others in the Yacht Basin, is prohibited. More specifically, music should be played at a volume that allows for your personal listening pleasure, not your neighbor’s.
7. Bulk fuel delivery is not permitted.
8. All Dogs on the premises of the Yacht Basin shall be fully controlled by the owner or some other person in charge by means of a rope, leash, or similar device. Dog owner must pick up after said dog.
9. April 15th is the first day seasonal boats may be put in their assigned slips. All boats must be out of the Yacht Basin by November 1st of the season or they will be impounded at owner’s expense.
10. All boat spaces when not in use can be rented by the Dockmaster. If boat is placed in slip after June 15th Dockmaster must be given 7 days notice. Owner is required to notify the dockmaster whenever the slip will not be in use for more than three consecutive days. If Dockmaster inquires about the use of the slip, owner is expected to respond to that inquiry in a timely fashion.
11. There will be no refunds on any seasonal, unused slip space deposits.
12. No transients will be allowed for stays longer than fourteen days. Pre-payment of five days for reservation is required which may be refunded upon the Dock Master’s discretion.
13. WAIT LIST – upon receiving notice of availability of slip space, the resident taxpayer has 10 days to submit to the Village the proper fee or their name will go to the bottom of the Wait List or resident taxpayer may request to be removed from the list.
14. Village tables are not to be moved, as they are to be used by all residents. No tables or grills are allowed on the deck. The use of gas grills aboard owner’s vessel while docked is also prohibited. No additional objects, including tents, are allowed on Village property without written permission from Dockmaster.
15. IMPORTANT NOTICE: Slip space is not assignable or transferable. Any violations of this restriction shall result in forfeiture of any rights or privileges, including monies advanced and prepaid under the Fee Schedule. Further, any unapproved boat or craft violating this rule shall be towed away or impounded at the expense of boat owner officially assigned slip space.
16. Any unauthorized boat or craft shall be towed away or impounded at the owner’s expense (Local Law #5/2003).
17. These rules and regulations shall be enforced by the Dockmaster, Police Department or any other such individual as may be designated by the Board of Trustees for that purpose.
18. NO SWIMMING ALLOWED
19. Any violation of these rules shall subject the offender to immediate expulsion from the Yacht Basin regardless of the time of day or night and, upon such expulsion, there shall be no refund of any fees paid.
20. Transient slip reservation payment must be made when slip reservation is confirmed. Payment may be made by credit card, cash or check during normal business hours.
21. The life jacket loaner station is available for all boaters in the yacht basin; you may use the life jacket for the day and return it when you are finished.